Dodgers and Levy Restaurants to unveil new menus at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day04/09/2010 5:27 PM ET
The Dodgers and Levy Restaurants will unveil enhanced menus at Dodger Stadium at the home opener versus Arizona at 1:10 p.m. on Tuesday, April 13. The Dodgers, Levy Restaurants, the official restaurant partner at Dodger Stadium, and Levy Restaurants Executive Chef Joseph Martin have partnered to add new menu items.
- My Town Nights: The immensely popular My Town nights, which honor Dodger fans from all corners of the globe and the community, are back with new menus that celebrate the diversity of Dodgertown. Chef Martin delved into ethnic communities throughout Los Angeles to create menus that offer fans an authentic culinary experience. Select menus include:
- USC (April 29) - Pastrami sandwiches, Kettle style potato chips and Kosher style pickles
- UCLA (April 30) - Pastrami sandwiches, Kettle style potato chips and Kosher style pickles
- Taiwan (May 22) - Shacha sauce spiced pork, Jasmine steamed rice and Lychee
- Venezuela (May 23) - Pabellon Criollo, shredded beef and black beans served over white rice, and plantain chips
- Cuba (June 6) - Sandwich Cubano and plantain chips
- Japan (June 21) - Teriyaki chicken, steamed jasmine rice and edamame
- Korea (August 18) - Spicy Korean style BBQ chicken and Kim chee
- Mexico (September 19) - Carne asada tacos and elote a la parilla
- Victory Knot: A new item is the Victory Knot, an extreme take on the traditional soft pretzel. Enough to feed about four hungry fans, this giant pretzel is made with two pounds of dough, topped with sea salt and served with three dipping sauces - chipotle honey mustard, sweet cinnamon crème and beer cheese - in a full-size pizza box. The Victory Knot is available at Campy's Corner on the Field Level, Stand 204
- Fan Favorites - Back by Popular Demand: Due to overwhelming fan demand, including a Facebook group dedicated to the subject, the spicy Picante Dog will be reintroduced to the menu throughout Dodger Stadium. California Pizza Kitchen has also returned as the pizza sponsor and Dippin' Dots will be available at portable carts on the Field and Reserve levels. The fish tacos at the Camacho's stands, made with beer-battered cod served with shredded cabbage, chili lime crema, pico de gallo and a fresh lime wedge, were first introduced last season and will also return in 2010
- Kaiser Permanente Healthy Plate Carts: Levy Restaurants continues to offer lighter, nutritious options for fans at the three Kaiser Permanente Healthy Plate Carts. The menus are expanding this year to include new items like the Curried Chicken Lettuce Wraps served with radish, cucumber, cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes; Spicy Shrimp Cocktail, a refreshing gazpacho-like dish; Fresh Fruit Salad using only fruits that are in season; Greek Salad made with basil, feta cheese, tomatoes and red onions with low-fat balsamic vinaigrette; assorted sushi including California rolls, spicy tuna rolls and cucumber rolls; and a turkey sandwich served on whole wheat with avocado. Gluten-free beer and snacks will also be available at the Kaiser Permanente Healthy Plate Carts
The Dodgers will also bring back other popular branded and all-inclusive sections. In addition to the My Town (www.dodgers.com/mytown) section that has more than 40 dates this season, Bleacher Beach (www.dodgers.com/beach) will now be open Friday through Sunday; Mannywood (www.dodgers.com/mannywood) will now feature five t-shirt options and the All-You-Can-Eat Right Field Pavilion (www.dodgers.com/ayce) features a price decrease of $5 when purchased in advance.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.