4/3/2014 12:04 P.M. ET
Get on the Dodger Stadium Express; Dodgers aim to improve vehicle & pedestrian access to Dodger Stadium in 2014
By / MLB.com
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Dodgers will be implementing many new enhancements for the 2014 season and one area the Dodgers are focusing on is to improve vehicular and pedestrian access.
The Dodger Stadium Express, a complimentary shuttle service from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Dodger Stadium, will return for the fifth consecutive year.
"The Dodgers have worked with traffic flow experts during the off-season," said Senior Vice-President, External Affairs Renata Simril. "We are implementing several recommendations in hopes of improving our vehicular and pedestrian access. It is important to get our fans in and out of the stadium as quickly and efficiently as possible."
Two areas to assist in traffic flow are pre-paid parking and the opening of the Stadium Way Gate (formerly Scott Avenue). Fans are encouraged to purchase parking in advance to speed up transaction time at each of the gates. Fans will save $5 on the regular parking price and $15 on premium parking by purchasing parking in advance at $10 and $35
Access to the gate is only from Stadium Way and will not be permitted from directly through the Echo Park neighborhood from Scott Avenue, west of Stadium Way. The Dodgers will have two left turn lanes from Elysian Park Avenue, which will be directed to take a right turn onto Scott Avenue. This will assist in alleviating traffic along Sunset Blvd., which has backed up in the past. Neighborhood protection along Scott Avenue from Stadium Way to Glendale Blvd. will continue in addition to adding DOT officers.
LA Metro will offer the Dodger Stadium Express bus service, which includes the benefit of enjoying a dedicated bus lane on Sunset Boulevard from Union Station to Elysian Park Avenue. Dodger game day tickets will be honored as payment to ride the bus service and the shuttle will operate 90 minutes before the game and 45 minutes after the game starting Friday. Fans can also park at Union Station for $6 and take the Dodger Stadium Express free with a ticket. Regular season service starts on Opening Day, Friday, April 4.
The Dodger Stadium Express will have two stops in 2014-behind the pavilions and a new stop at the Top Deck, Lot P.
The Dodgers also encourage use of MTA buses on Sunset Blvd. as well as using the Gold Line in Chinatown.
The Dodgers also will have the #2 and #4 buses available from the redline station in Hollywood that will operate to the Dodger Stadium entrance.
The Dodgers' main entrance, Sunset Blvd. Gate A, along Elysian Park Avenue, will feature a dedicated pedestrian entrance with new lighting in an effort to encourage fans to utilize parking lots 13 and 14 along Stadium Way and the Number 2 and 4 buses along Sunset Blvd.
The Dodgers also will have dedicated pedestrian walkways and bicycle lanes (and additional bicycle racks) leading into the entrances formerly designed for autos only.
The Dodgers have new circulation patterns on resurfaced parking lots with additional lighting and new signage.
Following are helpful hints re: the Dodger Stadium Express shuttle:
- Board the Dodger Express shuttle at the Patsaouras Bus Plaza adjacent to the east portal of Union Station. The shuttle travels to Dodger Stadium via Sunset Blvd. and Cesar Chavez Avenue.
- Service will be provided starting 90 minutes prior to the beginning of the game and will end 45 minutes after the end of the game.
- Service will be provided every 10 minutes prior to the start of the game and run approximately every 30 minutes throughout the game.
- Dodger tickets will be honored as fare payment to ride the service. Those without a ticket will pay regular one-way fare of $1.50.
- Patrons are encouraged to use the many transportation alternatives that serve Union Station that will connect them to the Dodger Stadium Express.
- Metro operates the Metro Gold Line from East Los Angeles to Pasadena.
- The Metro Red/Purple subway lines operate from Wilshire/Western and North Hollywood to downtown.
- The Metro Green Line operates between Norwalk and El Segundo and intersects with the Metro Blue Line operating between Long Beach and downtown Los Angeles.
- Metrolink and Amtrak trains are available and Metro operates many bus lines that serve Union Station where patrons can easily transfer to the Dodger Stadium Express. During the Freeway Series with the Angels, take Metrolink from Orange County to Union Station and then ride the Express to the stadium.
Starting Friday, fans are encouraged to use the many transportation alternatives that serve Union Station and that will connect them to the new Dodger Stadium Express. For specific route and schedule information fans can visit www.metro.net or call 323.GO.METRO. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.dodgers.com/tickets or by calling 323-DODGERS.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.